This how to guide describes configuring SAP Web Dispatcher as a reverse proxy for the SAP Enterprise Portal so that you can easily publish the SAP Portal over the Internet.
Copy the following 2 files to a directory on the host where you want to configure the Web dispatcher:
from the following location of the Portal Server:
The Uncar the file icmadmin.SAR, using SAPCAR tool.
In the Command prompt go to the directory where you have copied the above 2 files and enter,
This will generate the profile file (sapwebdisp.pfl) for the first time usage.
After the PFL file is generated successfully as shown above, the URL to call:
The user name and password is generated during the configuration of the Webdispatcher for the first time.
You can access your portal now via following URL:
If you need to run your Webdispatcher again then use the following command from command prompt.
Check the process running in the Task manager:
You can also install the webdispatcher to run as a NT service. You need to first download ntscmgr.exe from Service Market Place and then use the following command to install the web dispatcher.
Check for the ntscmgr.exe file in the folder
ntscmgr install SAPWebdispatcher -b
If the above command somehow didn't work properly, to fix this you need to do the following:
1. Edit the registry entry by running the program regedit.
2. Do a search for “SAPWebdispatcher” and change the ImagePath to where your sapwebdisp.exe is currently residing.
The URL redirect:
If you want to access the portal using the URL http:// HOST-FOR-WEBDISP and you are using SAP Webdispatcher, then you need to redirect the above URL to http:// HOST-FOR-WEBDISP /irj/index.html. This can be achieved by editing the sapwebdisp.pfl file and adding the following parameter,
# SAP Web Dispatcher Web Administration
icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/irj/index.html
After doing this, restart the SAP Webdispatcher.
BI Portal Browser Settings.
a. Firefox is not supported by SAP Portal. Use Internet Explorer ONLY !
b. Remove the add-ins on your browser which could prevent pop-up’s from blocking confirmation buttons. (Go to tools > manage add-ons > enable or disable ) Disable
1. Within Internet Explorer, you should make sure that you add your SAP NetWeaver Portal to the list of trusted sites within Internet Explorer. This is available through the Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Sites area.
3. Within Internet Explorer; you should make sure that you add your SAP NetWeaver Portal to the list of sites that are NOT blocked by the popup blocker. This is available through the Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Popup Blocker Settings
4. JAVA script settings:
Within Internet Explorer, you should check your advanced tab settings.
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
2. Click the Internet zone.
3. If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level. Then do step 4
If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.
4. Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts. If it is not, see this Microsoft hotfix page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871205
for a resolution to this issue.
5. HTTP Content
If you’re having issues with IE such that it won’t decompress HTTP Content on IE 6 SP2. Ensure that your wininet.dll file is at the following version for IE 6 SP2
Support for IE 7.0 is released by SAP for:
SAP's response is outlined in Note 981710.
Also check SAP Note 991449.
6. Browsing History:
Delete the temporary internet files, Cookies, History.
End user issue – user needs to be trained to delete the temp internet files.
Cookies can be handled as mentioned in step 2.
8. Information Bar: (Excel Download, Print and PDF)
Information bar from blocking file and software downloads
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
4. Do one or both of the following:
* to turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to
the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting
for file downloads, click Enable.
* To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to
the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under
automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
5. Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change,
and then click OK again.
9. Trusted Sites:
List > the FQDN here
10. Pop up blocker:
Add at least 250 mb and stored pages in “automatically” mode.
13. Add ons:
If your browser looks like a Christmas tree with many colorful buttons know that something is wrong.
Hence this needs to be greyed out.
How: Go to Tools -> Manage Add-ones and disable what you don't need.
lets classify the creation of File system repository Manager in 4 different parts:
1. KM System Object.
2. Portal system object.
3. Network Path.
4. File System Repository Manager
File System Repository Manager:
If the root directory has the below path make sure the network path has the opposite..
root directory: //fnknflknf/ref
Network path: \\fnknflknf\ref
File System Repository Manager:
Mention the correct name of the Portal system object
KM System Object:
make sure this is clearly defined and mentioned in the Portal system object as well...
Portal System Object:
make sure the user management has user,admin or else user mapping in the next stage will cause issues. use the exact word of the system alias from the KM system object.
always use a system user ID and check for password expiration
as the password expiration could cause issues in terms of searching objects.
http://rapidshare.com/files/1243 ... 62_Internal_Ltr.pdf
step by step BI learning
EP120 SAP Netweaver Portal Development
SAP Portal and KMC Development EP150 Part II
EP EP200 EP300 EP600
Download WinZip for free which allows RAR extraction
2. Web AS properties
3. ITS Parameters
4. User Management.
Application Host : leave the http:// missing in the address
gateway service : sapgw
server port : 36
Logical System Name : Obtain this from T-code:bd64
user mapping type: use the admin,user if you
require user mapping or else you cannot perform user mapping
in the personalization or the user mapping in the user admin role.
ITS Host name: leave the http:// blank in the address.
make sure the correct ITS protocol is used. If HTTPS is
used you have to choose the correct port no from SMICM (Shift+ f1)
Web Application Server::::::
do not include the http:// in the address.
make sure you create a system alias which is the key element for communication ....